Registration Now Open
Sign Up for our E-News. We send out important information monthly about Children's Mental Health.
Georgia Parent Support Network is dedicated to providing support, education, and advocacy for children and their families with mental illness, emotional disturbances, and behavioral differences.
Philosophy of Care
- Community-based, family focused, culturally competent systems of care
- Full parent and child participation in planning and delivery of services Professional research and public education
- Equity of treatment and availability of information
- Our partners in advocacy
- The expertise a family offers
- The opportunity to collaborate
- The opportunity to make a difference for families and children by improving their quality of life
- Innovative, flexible approaches that support provision of services
- A family-friendly system of accountability based on positive outcomes
- Parent-run family support groups in which families can share solutions, exchange ideas, and receive information
- Youth involvement in everything we do
- To create a community-based network of support for parents of children living with severe emotional disturbances and behavioral difficulties that facilitates sharing of information, ideas, and problem solving.
- To advocate in the public forum on local, state, and federal levels for comprehensive, coordinated, community-based, and family-driven mental health services for children and adolescents.
- To increase public awareness about the needs and conditions of children and adolescents who live with severe emotional disturbance to reduce the stigma of mental illness.
- To foster collaboration among parents, clients, and professionals.
- To administer programs and services that meet the needs of children living with emotional and/or behavioral disturbances and fill in the gaps existing in the continuum of Georgia's mental health system.